Wednesday, February 23, 2011

La mère et l'enfant






On a previous post, I told you about this new series I wanted to start with Alma.
Here are the first test shots.

This is a series about the mother and the child.
Ever since, I gave birth to my son, I am completely fascinated by this bond. I can't put words on this incredible, intense, selfless, unique relationship.
I would like to photograph couples of mother and child whether the child is a baby or an adult. I can still remember how my grand mother was looking at my father: so much love and tenderness; and how happy she was when he was taking her hand.
It probably will not be easy, but I would be really happy if once in a while, I could capture just a glimpse of this relationship.

I knew I wanted to start the series with Alma, but I did not have any idea in mind. It was a rainy, gray day.
The beautiful daughters of Alma are not babies anymore, they are two effervescent, lively little girls who obviously did not want to sit quietly while I would try to find the good light, the good frame and focus my camera.
So it has been challenging, interesting and formative. I loved this photo shoot.
It was our first try, we will do it again soon.

22 comments:

mo' said...

ooh... ces photos sont infiniment touchantes...
et la première est vraiment sublime !

Shokoofeh said...

wow the whole project makes me excited! You're such an inspiration! xoxo

Unknown said...

un projet magnifique et tu poses un regard sur la vie, tu es vraiment un bonne portraitiste!!

Tracy said...

Beautiful.

Leslie said...

Ahhh, so lovely... especially the first and fourth shot. The hands reaching out with the little finger puppets, the expression of imaginative wonder on her daughter's face; and in the fourth, that turning of the head to see the shadow puppet on the wall. You captured the essence, here, all right...

alma said...

Elle est douée, ma copine, hein?

geneviève bjargardóttir said...

oh elisabelle - these are just amazing...
i dont know really what else to say
they make me feel so deeply

Marguerite said...

truly beautiful -such wonderful, atmospheric shots! I can't stop looking at them!!

Janis said...

Wow Elisabelle - these are amazing. Far beyond what I expected... You are so talented dear one. Keep it up, keep going forward, no stopping the you now :^)

Bichos da Matos said...

Depuis que je te visite, et ça fait un moment, ces photos sont les plus belles de toutes...beijinhos, sweet and talented Isa!

Anonymous said...

C'est une très belle idée !!! Tu as bien capté le regard bienveillant de cette maman sur son enfant... Bravo ! Ce thème est très prometteur, j'attends la suite avec impatience. Des Bises.

Emma said...

magnifique.
simplement
Emouvant
Touchant
Magnifique
Merci
Emma from San Francisco

Marinka said...

those pictures are really nice, I love the melancholic feeling of them

Unknown said...

These are very sensitive and touching…..if you ever come back to the south, you would be so welcome to photograph me and my man-child!

brigduong said...

Every single photo is beautiful, every single one.

Fanny - anosenfants said...

j'adore ! j'adore ! j'adore ! Quel joli moment je viens de passer sur ton blog.

Unknown said...

Those kind of proyect are the ones that wake up imagination...great b&w...beautiful!
I need something like that, just to make my mind work...

kat evans said...

Oh my heart literally skipped
a beat when I saw these images.
What a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL
journey to capture such photos.
I look forward to your project.
Thank you so much for sharing
these!

kitchu said...

it is a bond like no other. how wonderful that you would choose this project. i can't wait to see more.

christine said...

Oui, c'est magnifique et très émouvant!

nathalie et cetera said...

j'adore les deux premières photos!

kristina - no penny for them said...

you seem to have a way to the heart of those you photograph - it shows so much in these takes. what an amazing gift.